A new mall-like hub of Asian-American restaurants, shops and other businesses will debut this week within the former Gander Mountain store in Eden Prairie.
The grocery store at the center of it, Asian Mart 88, and most of the food and drink concepts will be up and running within Asia Mall when it opens to the public Thursday. It will operate with limited capacity and hours, from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m., until the Nov. 20 grand opening. After that, the individual businesses’ hours will vary, but many are expected to be open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day.
Join the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal to unlock even more insights! https://www.bizjournals.com/iframes/incontentregister?market=twincities
A group of five investors – all founders of the Bloomington-based nonprofit Chinese American Chamber of Commerce – has been working to make Asia Mall a reality since purchasing the empty Gander Mountain box at 12160 Technology Drive for $7.2 million in January 2021.
After overcoming supply-chain issues and other delays, the owners are finally ready to unveil Asia Mall, months later than they originally hoped to. They’re asking for continued patience as each business gets off the ground.
These are the food and drink concepts opening soon within Asia Mall:
- Bober Tea & Mochi Dough: A dual-concept outpost with bubble tea and mochi doughnuts; it also has a location in Dinkytown in Minneapolis
- CrunCheese Korean Hot Dog: A small Korean hot dog chain; it also has a location in Dinkytown
- Dosirak: A cafeteria-style Korean barbecue and bimimbap outpost from a couple who ran a restaurant by the same in Stevens Point, Wis.
- Hometaste: Hong Kong cuisine from the original owners of Hong Kong Noodle in Minneapolis
- Hot Pot City: A full-service Chinese restaurant specializing in traditional hot pot
- Legendary Spice: Szechuan cuisine; it also has a location in Dinkytown
- Pho Mai: A full-service version of the fast-casual Vietnamese restaurant in Dinkytown
- Snowbing: Korean shaved ice dessert
- Uni Uni: A small bubble tea chain; it also has a location at Mall of America
Other tenants that have claimed spaces within Asia Mall include an insurance company, a salon offering rentable chairs to stylists, a travel agency, a used car dealership and a robotics store.
Asia Mall still has available spaces for a restaurant, a bakery and a few shops or offices.
Search : TheBusinessJurnal https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2022/11/09/asia-mall-sneak-peek-before-opening.html